Laughing is an excellent way of exercising the diaphragm, lungs and heart and is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness.
Laughter for Seniors is about focusing on being young at heart, providing playful interaction with others in a group situation that is both stimulating and energising.
Participating in Laughter exercises can help to:-
- Improve circulation and respiration
- Strengthen the immune system and improve digestion
- Cleanse the body of stale air and toxins, re-oxygenating the whole system
- Release endorphins which can act as natural pain-relievers
- Reduce muscular tensions and promote relaxation
- Re-motivate and energise body and mind
- Encourage a sense of connection with others and the production of positive thoughts
- Give an opportunity to look at the light hearted side of life!
Sessions can be adapted to the needs of the individuals and range of mobility. Fun games are interspersed with movements, deep breathing, songs, laughter exercises and relaxation techniques.
The sessions do not require a sense of humour, mobility or peak fitness, just a willingness to laugh and have fun!
Contact Lisa Sturge on 01243 572381 or email email@example.com for more information or to book an introductory Laughter session for Seniors.