Laughing is an aerobic, energising workout for both body and mind. A hearty laughter workout leaves participants feeling relaxed, healthier and invigorated. This enjoyable yet strenuous exercise helps release tension in the body, burn calories and tone muscles…the fun way!
In addition to this laughter can:-
- Act as a cardiovascular exercise, working the heart and lungs
- Improve circulation and respiration
- Strengthen the immune system
- Reduce tension in the body and promote relaxation
- Cleanse the body of stale air and toxins, re-energising the whole system
- Work out the diaphragm, increasing the body’s ability to use oxygen
- Release endorphins, which act as natural pain-relievers
- Give an overall sense of happiness and well-being
Laughing in a group is highly contagious and the exercises are simple and fun to do, no sense of humour or level of fitness needed, only a willingness to laugh and have fun!
Research has shown that one minute of hearty laughter can burn as many calories as ten minutes spent on the rowing machine!
Laughter Workouts can be organised at Fitness Centres, Health Spas and Sports Clubs and provide a welcome addition to the gym or other more serious types of exercise classes.
Contact Laughterlines Coaching on 01243 572381 or email email@example.com for more details on Laughter Workouts.