Every family has its regular arguments, power struggles and tantrums that punctuate day to day life at home. Laughing is a great strategy for releasing anger and frustration safely and for helping to shift perspective.
Laughter sessions can help to:-
- Unite families in fun, laughter and joy
- Provide a platform on which to express disappointments or disagreements in a safe and light hearted way
- Teach both parents and children to enjoy the present moment instead of worrying about past or future events
- Increase creative play and positive thinking, stimulating both sides of the brain
- Give us a resourceful distraction from habitual behaviours and patterns of reacting to events
- Improve energy levels
- Open up communication and foster trust
- Provide a work -out for the body as well as the mind
- Develop empathy for others and increase emotional intelligence
- Create an atmosphere of mutual respect and support
- Enjoy life together!
In addition to laughter exercises, a large part of Laughter for Families involves playing fun, goofy games which help strengthen family spirit and identity. These are non- competitive, where the emphasis is on FUN rather than having winners or losers.
Please contact Lisa Sturge on 01243 572381 or email email@example.com for more details or to book an introductory Laughter session for Families.
This is a gradual laughter exercise which builds to an outburst of laughing like a sneeze, but with less mess! As with all these exercises go gently and listen to your body.